It's time for a new competition!
As most of might have heard already at this point, it’s time for another contest to begin! Who can reap the grand prizes and become the ultimate Halloween champion of 2011? Signing up will be done in a separate topic that can be found right here. Sign up your teams before 24 October!
And now for the rules…
1st place ( 1 – 4 ): Pumpkin smilies (lit, unlit), Golden trophy
2nd place ( 5 – 8 ): Pumpkin smilies (lit, unlit)
3rd place ( 9 – 12 ): Pumpkin smiley (unlit)
Finalists: Honorable mentions and links from the blog.
17- 24 October: Enter your teams! (Signing your team MUST be in the forum topic)
24 – 31 October: Create your levels!
1 – 14 November: Judging begins! (NOTE: This is only a window, not a definitive date for when judging ends. We expect it to be done sooner.)
– You MUST sign up your team before 24 October, or else you will not qualify for the contest.
– Only 5 creators per team at most. You are however free to be only one creator, if you wish to do so.
– Being in more than 1 team simultaneously is NOT allowed.
– Signing up will be done in the official forums. Click here to go directly to the topic.
– The completed map MUST be Halloween-themed or else it will be disqualified.
– Animated/autobuilded/imported levels will instantly be disqualified.
– Make sure that you’re making the level on a world that can be accessed by non-betas as well.
– Minimum world size must be 200 x 200 (Edit: 400 x 50 wide worlds are now okay since they still have quite a lot of space to work with)
– If any of the following items are included in your map, it will be disqualified to ensure that all entries are of high quality:
- Sprite art from other games
- Imported/animated art
– Levels will be assessed and judged based on these specific aspects:
- Quality of artwork and visuals
- Quality of minigames
- Fun factor
– Art and minigames should blend in seamlessly with each other. What this means is that we’d for example prefer not to see a bunch of completely black Minigame boxes surrounding a piece of beautiful art. Make them blend together!
NOTE: Do not sign your team up in the comments of this blog post. An official team roster topic can be found here. Thank you.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them in this blog post.