We continue on our journey of cleaning up after the previous staff: little thought was given to the organization of the blocks. Considering the large amount of blocks and the lack of organization when adding these, we felt it was time for some re-organization and revamping of existing blocks. We have done this in three steps:
1: Moved blocks over from pack to pack
2: Turned several of the same blocks into single morphing ones
3: Revamp the looks
Listing all changes would turn into a 50-page annotated PhD-worthy thesis, so instead we will list the most significant ones:
1: Pack re-organization
We have moved blocks between packs as well as renamed some to form more coherent themes and reduce the amount of separate packs. Don’t panic! You get to keep all blocks. In fact, this can work out in your favour! If you owned a pack that is now part of another pack, you gain the entire new one for free. Some existing packs even got new blocks!
– Added 3 new desert flora to the newly named Desert Pack.
– Sci-Fi pack has gained an additional colour.
– The Monster Pack has an additional creepy eye and 4 new backgrounds.
– The Candy Pack has a new larger cream decoration and 3 new pieces of candy.
– The Canvas Backgrounds gained 2 new colours.
– The Dojo Pack gained 4 new backgrounds.
2: Morphable blocks
To morph a block, click it multiple times.
Note: Some items have been split into two separate ones. This is due to the way some blocks were created originally, which severely limited their use. For example, the wooden scaffolding background blocks in the Timbered pack: because of their white background, they couldn’t be placed with any other colour scheme:
has turned into
Unfortunately, we cannot replace the existing ones with the two others without a great risk of ruining your worlds. Therefore, we have decided to go the safe route and stick to the original as close as possible. However, this does mean some stars/scaffolding will disappear from your worlds, which you can add back yourself. We realize this is not an ideal scenario, but still the best one.
– Mars backgrounds are now a background and a separate set of star decorations
– Weapons in the medieval pack can now morph into different directions.
– Weapons/shields in the medieval pack can now morph into different colours.
– Dojo roof somethings can now morph into different colours.
– Dojo sign decorations now have a transparent background.
– The wooden scaffolding (originally in the Timbered Backgrounds) is now a morphable decoration in the Medieval Pack.
– Monster decorations can now morph into different directions.
3: Looks revamp
– Updated the looks of the winner’s cup
– Updated the looks of the flame hazard
– Zombie doors and gates no longer show as transparent on the minimap.
– Added a rope block, which functions as a ladder.
– Added Clay Blocks.
Note: if you owned the Timbered Pack, you get this for free!
– Added Neon Backgrounds
Note: if you owned the Carnival Pack, you get this for free!
– Replaced artificial shading on blocks with real shading.
– Decorations that are rendered on top of blocks no longer appear floating due to weird shading.
– Signs and several decorations are now rendered on top of players.
– Hovering the cursor over morphable blocks now shows a blue square around the relevant blocks.
– Rearranged the action blocks in a more sensible order.