Hi guys, I’d like to start off with the following: DON’T. EVER. GIVE. AWAY. YOUR PASSWORD. TO ANYONE. EVER. Ok? Ok, now for the actual post. It has recently come to our attention that there’s a lot of phishing going on. What’s phishing you ask? Simply put, someone tries to gain your trust to steal your sensitive information. In the case of Everybody Edits, people are pretending to be (secret) admins/mods and use some excuse to ask for your password. For example: If you give away your password, they will steal your account and abuse it. So don’t do it! The staff will never, ever, ask for your passwords, so don’t give them out to anyone! These are people trying to “hack” you. If someone sends you a PM like this, report them using the /report command with a link to the PM chat history. For anyone attempting this, this is a serious offence, you will be IP banned if you attempt this, and possibly have all your accounts deleted. Also, there is no such thing as secret mods, so don’t listen to anyone saying they are. If you’re in doubt whether you’re talking to a staff member, the staff members’ name ingame will be yellow/gold or purple. Also, the list of staff members can be found here: http://eeforums.cf/viewtopic.php?id=28424 Also, DON’T. EVER. GIVE. AWAY. YOUR PASSWORD. TO ANYONE. EVER. NOT OUTSIDE OF EE EITHER! Stay safe The Everybody Edits team
Today is the 21st of June, which means it’s officially summer! (Ok that was yesterday but shhh!)
Time to kick it off with the…
2015 Summer EXCLUSIVE pack!
This pack is only available for energy from today until the 1st of August 2015!
This pack features:
– A new orange aura, regular and Builders Club!
– 5 new decorations:
– Two new smilies:
– The tourist smiley
– The sun-burnt smiley
Of course we also had to add a few fixes.
– Selecting blocks and backgrounds while holding down a number key now always only requires 1 click.
– You can now assign blocks to the 0 key.
– Made the phrasing of the world options consistent.
– Re-ordered a bunch of blocks/backgrounds on the block bar to make them consistent with the rest.
– Morphable blocks now show up as “morphable” instead of “rotatable”.
– The “ladders” category has been renamed to “climbable”
– Fixed an issue where guests were spammed to register to be able to chat when resizing the window.
– Fixed a silly typo in the guest lobby (costum–>custom).
– Fixed guest side buttons overlapping the minimap button.
– Increased the chances of getting a magic coin a bit more.
– Not having chat now also disables PMing whomever you like.
– Added a word filter to user creation.
– Using the teleport command now says *SYSTEM* instead of *WARNING*.
– Polished the beige brick background.
This is not the big thing we keep hyping yet, but there’s nothing wrong with spoiling you a little bit 😉
As you may have noticed, EE has undergone some major changes on several levels, of which its staff is one.
While I’m sure you guys know most of us by name, we’ve been receiving many questions about who we actually are, what it is like being part of the staff, and especially, what we actually do for EE; we want to make this clear. Because we like being part of the community as much as any other player, I’ll start off by providing an overview of the staff, some basic personal details, and the role of each respective member. After that, I’ll provide some insight into our vision of the game, list things you can expect from us and what we expect from you, and finally, answer the legendary question of “pls caen i be mod how 2bcme mod?”. I hope you’re in for a long read.
Click here to see the full post.
We bring you another update on this amazingly sunny day! This patch was focused on the organization of stuff, paving the path towards a more user-friendly and streamlined game. Currently, the game may come across as overwhelming to new users as well as disorganized to veterans, so we have made a start on fixing this. As usual, don’t forget to report any bugs in the Bug Report section, we really do read this
We continue on our journey of cleaning up after the previous staff: little thought was given to the organization of the blocks. Considering the large amount of blocks and the lack of organization when adding these, we felt it was time for some re-organization and revamping of existing blocks. We have done this in three steps:
1: Moved blocks over from pack to pack
2: Turned several of the same blocks into single morphing ones
3: Revamp the looks
Listing all changes would turn into a 50-page annotated PhD-worthy thesis, so instead we will list the most significant ones:
1: Pack re-organization
We have moved blocks between packs as well as renamed some to form more coherent themes and reduce the amount of separate packs. Don’t panic! You get to keep all blocks. In fact, this can work out in your favour! If you owned a pack that is now part of another pack, you gain the entire new one for free. Some existing packs even got new blocks!
– Added 3 new desert flora to the newly named Desert Pack.
– Sci-Fi pack has gained an additional colour.
– The Monster Pack has an additional creepy eye and 4 new backgrounds.
– The Candy Pack has a new larger cream decoration and 3 new pieces of candy.
– The Canvas Backgrounds gained 2 new colours.
– The Dojo Pack gained 4 new backgrounds.
2: Morphable blocks
To morph a block, click it multiple times.
Note: Some items have been split into two separate ones. This is due to the way some blocks were created originally, which severely limited their use. For example, the wooden scaffolding background blocks in the Timbered pack: because of their white background, they couldn’t be placed with any other colour scheme:
has turned into
Unfortunately, we cannot replace the existing ones with the two others without a great risk of ruining your worlds. Therefore, we have decided to go the safe route and stick to the original as close as possible. However, this does mean some stars/scaffolding will disappear from your worlds, which you can add back yourself. We realize this is not an ideal scenario, but still the best one.
– Mars backgrounds are now a background and a separate set of star decorations
– Weapons in the medieval pack can now morph into different directions.
– Weapons/shields in the medieval pack can now morph into different colours.
– Dojo roof somethings can now morph into different colours.
– Dojo sign decorations now have a transparent background.
– The wooden scaffolding (originally in the Timbered Backgrounds) is now a morphable decoration in the Medieval Pack.
– Monster decorations can now morph into different directions.
3: Looks revamp
– Updated the looks of the winner’s cup
– Updated the looks of the flame hazard
– Zombie doors and gates no longer show as transparent on the minimap.
– Added a rope block, which functions as a ladder.
– Added Clay Blocks.
Note: if you owned the Timbered Pack, you get this for free!
– Added Neon Backgrounds
Note: if you owned the Carnival Pack, you get this for free!
– Replaced artificial shading on blocks with real shading.
– Decorations that are rendered on top of blocks no longer appear floating due to weird shading.
– Signs and several decorations are now rendered on top of players.
– Hovering the cursor over morphable blocks now shows a blue square around the relevant blocks.
– Rearranged the action blocks in a more sensible order.
– Increased maximum message length from 80 to 140.
– Decreased capital letter limiting sensitivity.
– Removed /r command; press BACKSPACE to reply to the last received PM.
– World filter options are now available to everyone.
– You now receive a prompt when reporting someone.
– Capital letters in commands now count as a valid command.
– Text bubbles from signs now have rounded corners.
– The death counter icon has been updated.
– Spectating now displays a text to indicate you are spectating.
– Clicking anywhere in the screen now allows you to stop spectating.
– Added a colour picker for Background Settings under Word Options.
– Dying+levitation no longer makes you a flying invisible corpse.
– Zombie doors and gates no longer show as transparent on the minimap.
– Having a Builder’s Club Aura set when it expires no longer gives you a weird aura.
– Builder’s Club expiring no longer causes a sync error when joining a level.
– Fixed some issues with commands returning the “Unknown command” message.
– World names on profiles are now censored if word filter is enabled.
– You now receive a prompt when buying an item with gems to prevent incorrect purchases.
– Using the /reset command now also resets switches
– A message is now displayed when someone is unable to join your world due to world settings.
– Added IP-bans to get rid of the really pesky users.
– Levitation now has its old animation back.
We are very much aware of your concerns when it comes to the rarity of Magic Coins. We’re working on a fix, which should follow shortly after this patch.
But more importantly, we highly recommend you get BETA for the next update if you don’t have it yet. We want to involve players in beta testing the new content again, and especially for the next update, you will definitely want to! We have been working on something massive, and will continue to do so until it is done, and it will be released to BETA members before anyone else. It will be one of the biggest things Everybody Edits will have ever seen and will change it for the better in a major way…
A little bit about myself: I’m 30 years old, an IT professional (system administrator, technical application management (DBA), PHP developer) and I love to play musical instruments..
Please don’t spam me with pointless questions; I do like to be a little nuts sometimes, but I’m also very serious about a lot of stuff. I’m just a guardian, not a moderator, so I can’t do stuff other then keeping peace or kick spammers.
Enjoy the game and be nice!
A lot of content means a lot of bugs, so after the Effect blocks update, here’s the second round of bug fixes, together with some new content 🙂
– Cave background blocks!
Super dark cave backgrounds in 8 awesome colors! Buy them in the shop for 500 energy.– Custom limits!
You can now add a custom amount of maximum active curses/zombies! You can edit this under world options, use 0 for no limit!
– There is now a limit of 140 characters.
– You can create a new line by adding \n on signs
– Effect blocks
Effect blocks no longer show up on the minimap.
Blue coindoors now show as blue on the minimap
Reverted the icy properties back to normal. They will return, most likely in a different form.
-/reset and /loadlevel now also remove fly/jump/speed/zombie/curse effects from users.
– You can now teleport users in god mode.
– You can no longer send PMs to users you muted.
– Text from signs are now on top of chat bubbles/players.
– Added a new loading screen.
– Fixed a bug with rejoining the same level through world portals.
– Jump spamming through effect enable/disable blocks now correctly enables/disables correctly.
– Fixed a bug where you couldn’t jump while on a protection disable block with a dot on top.
– FIxed a bug with slipperiness transferring to mud/water
– You can now change aura when given /godon
– Fixed a bug where users would appear to be on fire/dying all the time.
– Dying and respawning now instantly snaps the camera to your smiley.
– Clicking the profile button in the user list no longer requires surgical precision.
– Team icons now properly align in the user list
– Clicking on world portals in the block bar no longer blocks off the rest.
– World descriptions can no longer bypass the word filter.
– World descriptions can no longer be a bunch of new lines, blocking the entire lobby.
– Backgrounds used with /bgcolor now shows correctly on profiles/lobby previews.
– Fixed an image in the shop showing incorrect wording on zombie blocks.
– Fixed a typo in the shop (desease > disease).
– Fixed a bug where a yellow border would pop up when trying to redeem gems.
– Fixed a bug where the browser back button would show a long list of the same links.
We really wanted to fix this:
– Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in a corner with boosts.
But it turned out to be much, MUCH more complicated than anticipated . It has been keeping back the rest of the patch for a week already, so for now we want to launch these fixes while working on a proper fix (without side effects!) for the boost corners.
We’re aware there are more bugs left, but one at a time. Still, keep reporting those bugs (preferably in the bug report section) to help us keep track of anything in need of fixing.
We have eliminated potions completely. Instead, we’ve added effect blocks to use in your levels! Each effect has its own activation and deactivation block. You will see an icon on the top left of your screen when an effect is active. They cost 750 energy each, one-time purchase for infinite uses. The team blocks are 750 energy per 10. To compensate for the loss of any potions, we’ve temporarily put the Jump effect on sale for 10 energy!
– Jump effect
Jump twice as high!
– Speed effect
Run 50% faster!
– Fly effect
Hold space to fly!
– Protection effect
Hazard can’t kill you; removes curse and zombie status.
Hit a colour to join that team. Each colour has its own doors and gates!
An icon on your smiley as well as in the user list shows what team you’re in. Hit the grey team block to go back to neutral.
– Curse effect
Hit this block to start a curse; hit someone else to transfer the curse to them. Set a timer on how long the curse lasts,
which then kills the cursed player! A maximum of 3 curses can be active at a time.
– Zombie effect
Hit this block to turn into a zombie, moving 40% slower and jumping 25% lower. Set a timer for how long you turn into a zombie,
after which you die.
– You can now hide your worlds from the lobby and your profile.
– You can now toggle whether players are allowed to join your worlds.
– You can now enable/disable spectating in your worlds.
– You can now add a description to your worlds
– Block selector
In your block bar, hold down a number key (0-9) and click a block to assign it to that number on your quick bar.
This also works as a block picker on blocks in the level!
– Added an aura selector button
– Improved guest UI
Guests can now use quick chat.
Guests can now only send PMs to guardians/admins.
– Added descriptions to some blocks.
– Improved loading animations.
– Worlds can now be previewed from the lobby. — extra credits to XJEEX for helping here!
– Your smiley is now green with a green trail on the minimap.
– Spawns, switches, invisible portals, signs and cakes are no longer visible on the minimap.
– Fixed a few bugs with one-way blocks
– Invisible blocks are now only visible when god mode is active.
– Revamped the ladder texture.
– Revamped the crown texture.
– You can now press “/” to open chat for quick command entry.
– Expanded the /help command.
– Added /spec command — shortcut to specate someone.
– /getpos is now available for everyone
– You can now reply to the last received PM by pressing backspace.
– You can now press enter to log in instead of clicking.
– Added auras to the shop
Buy permanent aura colours for when you’re in god mode!
Users with Builders Club get exclusive animated auras.
– Added two new tutorial worlds
– The limit of simultaneous players in a world has been increased from 45 to 75
– Pressing shift no longer closed the text entry field when typing a message
– You can now see world changes while stuck in a block
– Revamped certain smileys
– Hitting a smiley-changing block no longer overrides your default smiley.
– Added a new smiley: 3D Glasses
See you in the worlds!
The Everybody Edits Team