Some new items for builders in everybody edits! Enjoy.
Explore underground! Cavernous rocks, pretty crystals that morph into 6 distinct colors, and an animated torch decoration!
Soft fabric texture in 5 colorful patterns!
Serve guests in your worlds an assortment of food and drinks! Includes three morphable dishes.
It has been a while since our last update. In the previous update notes I stated there would be no updates until the Unity client was done. Obviously, it isn’t, but we do have to keep moving on. I made a post about its status a while ago. It was meant to go on the blog but it was down at that time so I posted it on the forum.I’ll copy/paste what I had originally written there:
I’ll keep it short:
– We have a mostly functioning client.
– It runs really smoothly, at high resolutions too.
– The design is under contruction (menus n such).
– The unity version has major server issues. This is a bug on PlayerIO’s side. We’ve sent them our code so they can fix it on their end. However, it has been weeks since I’ve had any reply and my subsequent emails have been ignored. I have no idea why or what’s going on, especially considering how amazingly nice and generous they’ve been so far. This lag is a huge issue because, compared to the flash version, there’s almost 30 seconds lag when a world has some people in it and stuff is being edited (aka unplayable). This needs to be fixed or the entire client is just useless. If you want to have a look and help out, please do! Forum topic here.
– As soon as Kaslai joined the team, some stuff happened that had priority over EE. Reportedly, should be done in October so he’ll have time for EE then.
– Progress has been virtually halted because we’re waiting for the bug to be fixed, plus Thanel has been doing the vast majority of the porting work and he is losing motivation over working alone most of the time.
– Hopefully get PlayerIO to get their stuff together and fix the lag.
– After the design phase is done, release the client to beta members.
– Heavy debugging and optimizing, collecting feedback.
After that, we’ll have to see how everything goes. It’s all hard to say because we’re relying on an external factor (PlayerIO people).
Once there’s an update on the matter I’ll make another post about it!